Wednesday, August 13, 2014

60s-70s Goth

No, not the decade...I mean goth fashion for when you're in your 60s-70s. Dark fashion is truly beautiful at any age. All photos are from Advanced Style except where noted, notably the Jean Paul Gaultier Couture Fall 2014 one. I'm loving that there are older runway models. I'm not even that old and I'm kind of tired of seeing teenagers modeling clothing that I'm supposed to wear. I recommend you check out the Advanced Style blog for style tips from women who've had an entire lifetime of looking fabulous. The looks are truly bold and unique and no doubt inspiring.




I'm loving loving the lacy top



Jean Paul Gaultier Couture Fall 2014




Not goth, but I love it anyway...so including it
The Row lookbook
I took this photo at the Baby, the Stars Shine Bright store opening.

11 comments:

  1. I love this :) all these women look so strong and empowered. I feel like goth fashion can become a bit socially unacceptable for the older generation, which I totally disagree with. I have been out with friends or family members who have made snarky or mocking comments about older goths, whilst I was just thinking, 'wow, her style is so edgy and daring and I aspire to pull this off with as much confidence as her someday.' They are an example and an inspiration! Without wanting to sound patronising at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it doesn't have to be a "youth" movement and I'm always annoyed when any of the subcultures are described as such.

      Delete
  2. I ADORE the Advanced Style ladies! I wish I had most of those pieces! I know a lot of them shop second hand or Vintage too, so I have hope to find some pieces like that! And I think the lady with the fringe skirt designs some of her own clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've loved the blog forever and always meant to blog on it... (I saw the Gaultier collection and thought all of it would be awesome for an elder vampire or something. And thus this post was born. )

      Delete
  3. Advanced Style is such a fun blog, but I must admit, that usually I just look at the pictures...:P
    Anyhow, it's good to see the older generations of the alternative scene rock unconventional fashion. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I want to have long hair and look like a witch when I will get old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah! This post is pure awesomeness! Advanced Style is one of my favourite style blogs. I get really inspired by these ladies. I wish I can be as stylish as them someday today and tomorrow.
    ♥♥♥

    {I'm truly excited for thi post, LOVE it!}

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of gothic grande dame styles here that look really good. The last woman in the lolita dress looks ridiculous, though. Her outfit and her pose.

    ReplyDelete