Thursday, December 24, 2015

Ugly Sweater Holidays

Personally, I love how this decade's love of ironic humor has gifted us with a volcanic explosion of ugly sweaters. Seriously, I never knew what to wear to holiday parties (especially with my in-laws, who celebrate christmas and take it pretty seriously) and I couldn't live with myself if I pretended to be a Midwestern conservative.

Seriously, these ironic sweaters are pretty much made for those of us who have to "make nice" for family functions. Everyone loves them, and no one can say you don't have the holiday spirit.


Ugly Sweaters
(picture will take you to attributions)


Here I am, giggly and drunk at our corporate holiday party, which was "ugly sweater" themed by popular vote. Mine's from Forever 21 and it's got bells sewn on. (for the record, I voted for Game of Thrones Holiday themed, but alas.)


happy holidays, from your bible-burning-atheist fashion-blogger friend who happily co-opts the holiday spirit.

11 comments:

  1. I love the little reindeer one. I told my fiancé I used to have a neon green ninja turtles sweater someone knit me as a child. I'd still wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I love the photo and the sweater! I've never been to an ugly Xmas sweater party, but I would have definitely come to your Game of Thrones themed party!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, great theme! Love your sweater, and I liked the hannukah one above XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to have a pretty "ugly" sweater! They are so damn cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas sweaters! I had hoped to buy one this year but somehow, it hasn't happened. Next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I still want the baphomet one I saw ages ago (same people who did the black metal snowman jumper you've featured), but I guess my ghost jumper will have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' the huge jingle ball earrings!

    ReplyDelete