Thursday, January 3, 2019

New Year Tarot Spread

Well last year's Hermit card was oddly prophetic, wasn't it? I left blogging early in the year and later still, I was laid off from work. Still am.

I usually do a 1-card reading each year, but his year I'm doing a 1-card tarot reading plus an oracle card to supplement. The tarot card is from the Tattoo Tarot: Ink and Intuition deck and the oracle card is from the Pythia Botanica Oracle deck.
So, for 2019 the Five of Swords tells me to act in my self-interest. It's not easy  It's not a good time for me now, but most of the advice I get these days is what the Five of Swords says: Do what's best for you. The HR department and manager who laid me off, the old mentors I've reached out to, friends and family have given the same advice. It's hard to do that when you are at the mercy of your environment--I'm in a highly specialized, competitive field and there are not a whole lot of places for me to go.

How best to act in my self-interest? The oracle card (Cleanse) is a picture of the herb Hyssop, a medicinal plant used to break up mucus for cough relief. I don't have a cold (yet) but I'm unwell in other ways: anger, mostly. Maybe if I lose everything that's holding me back, I can act in my self interest. What's holding me back? Impossible odds? A tanking economy? Maybe the thing I have to cleanse will become obvious in the upcoming year.

How do you plan on acting in your self-interest this year?

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything improves for you and 2019 is a more prosperous year.

    ReplyDelete