Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Still in my cyberpunk nostalgia phase. I used to live and breathe it--sci fi with a dark twist, heavy on the cybernetic implants and hacking and virtual reality. Of course cyberpunk as a genre is dead now--current technology has pretty caught up to the cyberpunk world. Even the shady technological dealings of corporations-as-government are kind of going on right now (see: PRISM).

Neuromancer, by William Gibson, is probably the most famous cyberpunk novel. I personally loved Gibson's novels--his characters are always so awesome. And, lol, he always spent so much time describing their outfits....which were also awesome. Everyone's favorite, femme fatale Molly Millions had mirror shade cybernetic implants for enhanced vision and retractable claws.




I really love the look/feel of the gritty cyberpunk worlds--corruption, poverty, and ruin coexisting and contrasting with future tech. DIY culture and vigilante justice.

So, for this month's sci-fi nail art challenge, I'm submitting the closest I've ever gotten to living out my teenage dream of having retractable cyber razor nails:


and my more recent one (full look on my previous post)

check out the rest of the sci-fi nails:



1 comment: